Tyre Tips and Advice
Many first time buyers find it extremely hard to purchase the most suitable tyres for their vehicle. Extreme care and vigilance should be applied while selecting tyres because substandard tyres adversely affect your road control and safety as well. Such a situation can lead to serious accidents. You do not need to worry about all these aspects because our experts will guide you through the entire process to help you choose the best tyres for your vehicle.
Tyres have a very prominent role to play in processes like acceleration, steering, cornering, braking, fuel consumption and transmitted road noise and, they also have a bigger role to play in determining the ride quality.
- a) You should always make sure that the tyre pressure remains at an optimal level. It is always advisable to check the pressure once in a month.
- b) Tyre pressure should be checked when your tyres are cold. In other words, you should check pressure before driving anywhere. When you check pressure after driving for some time, the temperature increase raises the pressure in proportion and then, adjusting the pressure based on the manufacturer's guidelines will keep your tyres underinflated.
- c) You should never try to mix different types of tyres on your vehicle because such a method of approach adversely affects the overall performance of your vehicle.
- d) Regularly checking the tread depths always helps you maintain the health of your tyres at an optimal level. You can replace the existing tyres when the tread depth reaches 3 mm.
- e) You must check the driver's handbook, fuel filler cap or door sill. It is always advisable to increase the tyre pressure exactly according to the driver's handbook.
- f) You should make sure that the condition of your spare tyre is extremely good because nobody can predict emergency requirements.